[REL] Caterina va in città (2003)

Rich

[REL] Caterina va in città (2003)

Post by Rich »   10 likes

Caterina va in città (2003)

[Image]
At secondary school, both left-wing alternative gothics and Forza Italia snobs battle for the attention of the innocent rural girl Caterina. Satirical tragi-comedy and political coming-of-age drama rolled into one.
I think Virzì is one of the most interesting director in Italy, at the present moment. His ability to portray the current Italian society is quite good, and he achieves this either with *characters* (the two families in "Ferie d'Agosto", the father in "Caterina va in città") and with *stories* (the story of "Ovosodo", a bit of an Italian "It's a wonderful life"... just a bit, obviously... :-).

"Caterina va in città" is a good movie: the idea of showing chunks of the Italian society and habits through the eyes of an innocent teenager gives the movie a "fairy tale" twist that makes it really "light" and enjoyable. I also liked the mom's character, played by a really good and beautiful Margherita Buy: in general, I appreciated Virzì's idea that the "good" part of society is based on the strength of women, as all male characters in this movie either are donquixotesque losers or spoiled and arrogant over-grown babies.

But, as for most of his movies, I think the same criticism again apply: Virzì is openly a left-wing director, but he stresses this a bit too much and sometimes its works sound too "ideological": art should make you think, not tell you what to think, I guess. In addiction, some characters are too stereotypical and don't come out of a really deep psychological analysis. Still, I think he is currently the director who knows best how to take on the screen what goes on in Italy.

In conclusion, I think this movie - just like "Ovosodo" - is based on a simple yet powerful assumption: that happiness is the disease of the idiots...
Originally posted by johnny b at fileheaven.org :D

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.00 Mb]

Rich :)
starfish21

Re: [REL] Caterina va in città (2003)

Post by starfish21 »   17 likes

staying with my Italian run.....

Upgrade.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366287/

Title: Caterina in the Big City
Year: 2003
Original title: Caterina va in città
Runtime: 1 hour, 42 minutes
Language: Italian
Subtitles: English (hard-subbed)
Genre: Comedy | Drama

Director: Paolo Virzì

Cast
Alice Teghil ... Caterina Iacovoni
Sergio Castellitto ... Giancarlo Iacovoni
Margherita Buy ... Agata Iacovoni
Antonio Carnevale ... Cesarino
Silvio Vannucci ... Fabietto Cruciani
Federica Sbrenna ... Daniela Germano
Carolina Iaquaniello ... Margherita Rossi Chaillet
Zach Wallen ... Edward (as Zach -James Smith- Wallen)
Martino Reviglio ... Gianfilippo
Claudio Amendola ... Manlio Germano
Flavio Bucci ... Lorenzo Rossi Chaillet
Paola Tiziana Cruciani ... Zia Marisa
Luigi Grilli ... Zio Alfredo
Tereza Paula Da Rosa ... Teresa
Renata Orso ... Zia Adelina

Plot / Synopsis

In ''Caterina in the Big City," a 15-year-old named Caterina moves from her bucolic Tuscan town with her parents to Rome, where her father, Giancarlo , has taken a new teaching job. She attends the same school her dad did and becomes friends with the kids of his former classmates, who are now political and social bigshots. Their offspring are an assortment of rich brats who come in two convenient flavors: obnoxious leftists and obnoxious conservatives. But they agree that the new girl is a hillbilly.

Technical Specs

Source: DVD
Video Format: AVI/XviD
Video Bitrate: 2056 Kbps
Frame Rate: 23.976 fps
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Resolution: 852 x 480
Bits/(Pixel*Frame): 0.210
Audio Format: AC3
Audio Bitrate: 192 Kbps
Sampling rate: 41000 Hz

[Image]

[Image][Image][Image]

[Image][Image][Image][Image]

[Image]

[Image][Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.56 Gb]

There's probably enough screencaps here to follow the movie without downloading it.
i don't know if anyone agrees with me but i think the dark haired girl looks remarkably like Eva green.

[Image]

[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Caterina va in città (2003)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks starfish :thumbsup ..after 7 years :)