Testing for resurrection.....

lb
FLL

Re: [REL] Pani kluci (1975)

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Resurrection successful... thanks lb!

Here's the missing post from this corrupted thread:
Here's a review found of the film:
FILM Review wrote:The director Vera Plivova-Simkova, a classic Czech author of movies for children, freely adapted the world famous Twain's book and removed the story into a small north Bohemian town Levin in the beginning of the 20th century. Here the river Mississipi is substituted by a railway station, where Tomas' uncle works as a dispatcher. Tomas attends school in the town, but perhaps the only reason, why he every morning goes there is his beloved Blanka. He himself hates school and is a menace for both his aunt Apolena and his teacher, who often lets him in detention. Together with his friends, Hubert (=Huckleberry Finn) and Jozka, Tomas fantasizes about an adventurous expedition to the neighbouring castle, where - according to one tale - a medieval knight buried a big treasure. His dream will come true one day, when he escapes from a classroom, where the teacher again let him in detention, and since he has nothing to lose, he persuades his friends and together with them he undertakes his dreamed-of way to the treasure. Simultaneously, a trio of criminals robs a town bank and they hide the stolen money near the castle. You will certainly think to the end, where the money eventually end. But the boys are honest and they decide to return to the town in hope for a big reward. They are coming just at the moment of their burial, because people from the town thought that they had drown. Naturally, the criminals won't escape their reward in prison, too... Similarly like in the case of Cinderella, some happy star must have shined over this movie. Everything here is so unbelievably good! In fact, I have never seen any other movie based on Twain's novel that could match this one. And I confess that it is one of the "movies of my heart". In contrast with Cinderella and other successful Czech movies and serials for children, I think that this title is virtually unknown abroad, which is a huge pity! It is really a masterpiece that deservedly became a classic of Czech cinematography. The atmosphere, tinged by music of Petr Hapka, is amazing and very nostalgic. This movie was the first big role for Jiri Labus. The performer of Tomas, Michal Dymek, featured in another two good movies for children during the seventies. He later emmigrated to the West and returned after 1989. Magda Reifova was one of the most known child actors of that time and later studied dramatic art, but she destroyed her career, when she was expelled from the school because of notorious absences. Today she again appears in TV programmes for children.
Looks good for those intrested in both girl AND boy coming-of-age, though the movie leans more towards boys.

kev.
And guess what: subs! :dance
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... i-kluci-en
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

errrrrrr...........I did have an ulterior motive for resurrecting this.
I've got a nice quality DVD rip to upgrade what I guess is a TV rip as my next release
My upload queue is showing the existing release......don't want people wasting their bandwidth.

lb
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   16 likes

DVD rip upgrade.
Resurrecting the thread has prompted interest in this one so I'll release a little earlier than intended.

[Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: Pani kluci 1975 DVDRip.avi
File Size .......: 1,319.19 MB
Duration ........: 01:26:43
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1934 KB/s
Resolution ......: 1024 x 768
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.33:1
Framerate .......: 29.97 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 192 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch

Not my rip although I've slightly tweaked the subtitles. My thanks to the unknown originator.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.29 Gb]

Matching English subtitles (FLL's posted link may be perfectly OK with this rip although I've not verified)
Like this post to see ed2k links  [56.6 Kb]

Enjoy!......and thanks to Rich for the original release & FLL for bringing the synopsis back from the dead!
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

Bugger, I've been downloading the old version for 3 months...
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:Bugger, I've been downloading the old version for 3 months...
I'll interpret that as 'Thanks for the upgrade'.........

lb
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:DVD rip upgrade.
When I found the subs, it crossed my mind there must now be a DVDrip out there and perhaps that's why you bumped this. Thanks for the new version! And without it we wouldn't know about the subs.
loverboy wrote:Matching English subtitles (FLL's posted link may be perfectly OK with this rip although I've not verified)
I checked, the Opensubtitles link and your posted subs are almost identical, only difference is the Opensubtitles link uses Unicode for some of the accented and other special characters. Timing and translation is identical.
menudoboy

Post by menudoboy »   6 likes

loverboy wrote:DVD rip upgrade.

File Name .......: Pani kluci 1975 DVDRip.avi

Not my rip although I've slightly tweaked the subtitles. My thanks to the unknown originator.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.29 Gb]

Matching English subtitles (FLL's posted link may be perfectly OK with this rip although I've not verified)

I tried to download this movie being a big fan of Mark Twain stories but they are no longer being seeded it seems.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

I've been downloading loverboy's release since November 2009 (based on my comment above), but I still have it incomplete, so a reshare would be appreciated :bigups

I reshared the subs.

@loverboy: Thanks for the upgrade ;)